Image rating and selection involves determining which pictures are best discarded and which have potential for future showing. This workflow also involves creating and maintaing portfolios. This is part of my Digital Image Workflow.
Rating and selection is in a constant state of flux. Some images will deserve rating changes over time as they grow on you or as you realize they were not as good as you originally thought.
Follow these steps:
- First Pass Selection of Discards and Rejects
- Second Pass Selection of Single Star Images
- Backup Rejected Images Workflow
- Third Pass of Double Star Images
- Color Coding Image Status
- Later Selection of Three, Four & Five Star Images
- Creating A Portfolio
- Changing Selections