UPDATE: I’m spending a little time updating some pages with direct links to make things easier to browse and find and to better organize everything this year for the 100 year anniversary of Leica cameras. This will not be a list of everything, but I hope it makes general photography I’ve posted easier to review. I am doing the same for each major page, so please bear with me! Thanks for visiting…
The following is a list of some of my recent photography outings. After I develop and scan pictures from these outings I will post one of the pictures and analyze it for aesthetics as well as exposure.
- San Francisco and Chinatown – our time staying in Chinatown, enjoying walks and crossing the foggy Golden Gate bridge.
- First Monochrom Images – the range and silver-halide like appearance of the black and white only digital camera.
- Luminosity with the Monochrom – All black and white sees post processing in the chemical lab – different papers and filters. The post processing with the Monchrom really brings out the luminosity of the images.
- A Morning at the Greenway – just a time to shoot on the walking trail around South Charlotte.
- My Father-In-Law’s Barn – great high speed shots with the Fuji X100s.
- My Mother-In-Law’s Garden – Ok, more shots with the Fuji X100s.
- The Riverside Water Tower – In fort-rock South Carolina (halfway between Fort Mill and Rock Hill) the old water tower beckons the use of a camera. UPDATE: this water tower has now been given a fresh coat of paint and will no longer hold this view. When time permits, I’ll add images.
- Deep Blacks and Silver Greys – The Monochrom in my Father-In-Law’s barn. This was to compare with the tonal values in the X100s. The title tells all for me.
- Bamboo – Admittedly a test of the Leica 75mm APO lens, but a beautiful stand of Bamboo for this area.
- Gates with Outdated B&W Film and the Leica 28mm f/2.0 – Outdated film should still be used and still provides a good tonal range.
- St John’s in the Virgin Islands – the X-Pro1 delivers great images in black and white and color with old sugar mills.
- Glowing Black and White – I describe the Monochrom as deep blacks and silver greys. I describe the X-Pro1 as glowing.
- Storm Clouds – more black and white images from the X-Pro1.
- Railroad Tracks – the Voigtlander Heliar 50 on a Leica M9-P.
- Fuji Cloud Color – great sky colors with the X-Pro1 and the 14mm lens.
- The Outer Banks – results from the X-Pro1 and Voigtlander Nokton 50mm 1.5 and Leica 28mm ASPH 2.0.
- The Outer Banks – Voigtlander Nokton
- The Outer Banks – Leica 28mm
- Sunset Color Blast – Out of the camera JPEGs from a Leica X-2. One image was selected as a Leica Mastershot at LFI.
- Early Morning Light – the natural vignetting and beauty of the Leica 28mm ASPH 2.0 lens.
- Charleston, SC in Film – I still love 35mm film and these are shot with the Leica MP and a Voigtlander Nokton 50mm.
- Christmas Lights in Early Morning Mist – the beauty of Christmas lights, especially at night has always interested me.
- A Cat’s Best Friend – my long time friend, Bailey, the cat has died with the Leica M8
- Old Building in Fresh Snow – The old country store surrounded by fresh snow with the Leica M8
- Lunar Conjunction with Venus and Jupiter – the 90mm elmarit and a Leica M8
- New Frost for Winter – the 90mm elmarit and a Leica M8
- Mt. Rainier at Paradise – Mt. Rainier National Park – the Leica M8 and Summicron 35mm
- Moore’s Cove – Pisgah National Forest – the Leica M4 and Summicron 50mm, black and white film
- South Charlotte – Storm Front Moving Through – the Leica D-Lux4
- Cades Cove, GSMNP – One Spring Evening – Canon EOS and 200mm L f/2.8, Kodachrome slide film